Republic TV: Lalu-Shahabuddin expose - Personal Account

While Arnab is exposing present, let me give a spotlight to past that affected my academic career.
I matriculated from the same place, once revered for being the birth place of our first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad, now dreaded home of Mafia Don Shahabuddin, known as Siwan.
It was April, 2001. In DAV Siwan, I was writing my 10th board paper, that day the subject was Sanskrit. The exam was being conducted on extreme vigil, no cheating was allowed which is rare now a days. Being a meritorious student, i was engrossed in explaining a Chankya shloka of question paper. Suddenly, there was an uproar... "Run for cover... Run for cover... There is firing outside". Terrified by sudden outburst, all examinees went down under their benches for cover. Then they retreated from the back door.
The examination was abandoned.
This all had happened, because there was an open clash between Shahabuddin's goons and Siwan police led by then brave SP C K Anil. Shahabuddin's goons started vandalising public property and rioting. This indecent is infamous in Indian history where brave police embarked into Shahabuddin's village, Pratappur to capture him.
My remaining exam happened after 4 months. In spite of loss of track in prepration, i still managed 76% in tough Bihar School examination Board. My other schoolmate who wrote his exam from Patna, secured 85% and 4th place in state board merit list ( who later became an IAS Officer).
I still regret my choice of center and circumstances. Will any punishment to these infamous outlaws would buy back my golden tims and chance?
I challenged the circumstances and secured a better career path. How many are out there who can fight like me? I guess, very few. Hope time will change. My country will rise.
Amen!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your puts/inputs :)