My first quarter as runner


It all started when it was discovered that my life was imbalanced on certain metabolic quotients. To fight with the new disproportion, I had to change my lifestyle by infusing physical activity in it. I started with jogging, brisk walking, Yoga and ended with running.

Running is outshining the real fighter in me. So far my score on runkeeper app for this quarter (Feb 2016 -May 2016) is about 400 km.

In my first three months as runner, I have completed more than twenty 10k runs, including 2 official 10k events. My personal best is 10k in 54.5 minutes. I try to run a 10k on each alternate day and nimbly participate in any running event happening in the city on weekends.

Earlier in 2014, I felt the same zeal and fire within me, when I started rigorous gym and swimming that continued for 10 months and discontinued due to the role and location change. This time, it's different. It is in the open and on the ground. Last time, I was gaining muscles and abs and this time, I am containing my muscles and fats.

Last week, one of my office colleague while staring at my ID card, asked, "When did you get this photograph clicked?" I replied, "this is one year younger me". He smiled, "It looks like 5 years older you. :) "

My meteoric rise as runner would not have been possible without unflinching support that I get in Infy Running club, HappyFeet. Specially my mentor Sampath and co-runners Aakriti, Hari, Santhosh etc. Every day when I walk in the ground, I meet my 15 years of me, Argo and Industrious.

Most of my new buddies at Infosys often ask, "How do you manage time to do so many things, so efficiently?" Most people, don't know that this is my second life, I am doing everything again in my life. And that too starting over from a startup bed. So, I know what not to do better than most of the people I am seeing these days.



On the same lines, my emotional connections with my past setbacks helps me conquer physical pain on the tracks.

The rediscovery and conquering have just started in my late 30s and that shall continue till the day I play with my grandchildren.

Adios
Flying Mithilesh.


12 comments

All the very best Mithilesh! Thanks for such an inspiring series of live events.. I can co-relate things.. you will get your own way..

Reply

Inspired to see you turn from Mithilesh to Milkha singh

Reply

Inspired to see you turn from Mithilesh to Milkha singh

Reply

Wow Man, All the best. Inspired to start of again

Reply

With the kind of efforts you are putting in, I feel that u will make many records. Keep it up.

Reply

Superb Mithilesh great!!!

Reply

Superb Mithilesh great!!!

Reply

Thanks Arun, Let's fly together!

Reply

Post a Comment

Thanks for your puts/inputs :)