First Full Marathon (42.195kms)

When cause is big, preparation is apt and time is ripe you hit the bull's eye. Today, I finally completed my maiden full marathon with a timing of 4hrs 23mins.




Today, I dedicated my run for cause of Toastmasters which is similar to running a marthon and gives equal accomplishments bills which needs to be reached to all. I put Toastmasters sticker on my back using a cello tape but it fell down in few killometers. Then I used saftey pins to put in front. I bled due to friction but the bigger cause of Toastmasters never let me feel the pain. Listening 'Com'on Toastmaster' from audience provided much needed sedative.
A year back, I used to get a warning call from my father-in-law whenever I crossed more than 5 rounds of my community park. Today, after 1,413.2 kms of running, with right preparation and company, I comfortably completed my maiden marathon. Thank you InfyHappyFeet team, captain Sampath and Aakriti and Bangalore for providing sporty environment.


About on track experience, I was maintaining a sub 4hrs timing till 34km. Then, I went for loo where i lost critical 10mins and that sudden call was caused by a bannana. This break triggered numbness in legs and running became extremly excruciating. Lesson, don't take break or walk during long race even if you have to run at a snail's pace; stop listening to conflicting thoughts of your mind.
During these 4 long ours of run, my ears were listening to millions of memories that were flashing in front of my open eyes. My legs might be slowing down but memory nerve signals were running very fast and crossing all the uphills and downhills of life with an ease.
Running makes you experience so many things at a time. You should also run. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post a Comment

Thanks for your puts/inputs :)