Toastmasters Speech CC3- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

The Delivery

The Script

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
!  True Love is all about Inspiration!

[Start with props: mirror, goggle and perfume and blazer for role playing. Start with stern amazement in voice!]
What!?! What are you all looking at? Cant’ you see that I am going for a Date?
You can clap for me and my date if you like …! J J J
[Stop for a second, remove goggles, turn mirror aside and come back to normal]

Even though, she is my 21st date, I still have faith that this time I will get my true love who would inspire me.

Ladies and gentlemen do you remember the time of our childhood when our mom used to put beautiful covers on our textbooks?

In one such incident, I still treasure the day when I was leaving for a boarding school, first time in my life. My mom put covers on my books and put them in my trunk. During my stay in hostel, I was unknowingly taking care of those books as if those were my favourite toys. One year passed and covers were as my mom put them on. Next year in new class, the books got changed but I treasured one portion of a cover where my mom had written my name in her beautiful handwriting. I kept that piece of paper in my literature book for a year between the pages and in the same state. I continued keeping the piece of paper the same way till I got matriculated from a different school. For me, my mom was always there in my literature book. Today, I feel that I am still holding my mother’s love together with me, as it is evident from my immense love for literature. The purest form of love is inspiration. My mother’s love had inspired me to love books and literature.

Mr. Toastmaster, fellow Toastmasters and dear guests, good evening!

One of my friend still wears the same watch that was gifted by his beloved. Even though, the watch is not working now, he feels the same ticking sound in his heart and he believes it helps him stay ahead of time. He is holding that love and care for ‘time’ from his love. His love inspires him to always be on time.

In my case I still keep the same purse for the past few years as it makes me believe that my purse will go thicker as imbibed by the gift presenter. Here my love inspired me to go for savings.

People collect and treasure gifts and artefacts to hold and immortalize the love and teachings of their creators. We have museums and memorials that hold back love of our past generations. The past artefacts in the museum inspire us to make our present and future lovable.

Today, in this lovely crowd we have many people among us who still hold the same love as they did when they joined this institution and keep going with the flow. It is the sheer love that has made DTM Raj and TM ISK keep going on in Infosys Toastmasters club Bangalore. It is our love for self-growth that inspires us to come here again and again, week after week.

One of my friends left his well-paying Investment Banking job in Wall Street to come back to Kolkata and held his love together for his ageing parents by spending time with them in their last days. His parental love inspired him to take that bold decision in his life.

One of my old friends recently asked me the secret of my fitness, I replied, “These days, I run. You should also run.” You won’t believe, I saw her with a medal of completion of a 5k run within a month. She used to comment on my runkeeper’s update with lines like – “I have just completed 12 hours of sleep LoL :D ”. It’s the love that made her run so diligently even after long time of separation. It’s the love that inspires her to do the unthinkable.

We often fall short in pursuit of our ambitions and goals as we stop holding together the love and inspiration that had brought us at first place. Move in – move out, let in – let it go but don’t let go of the love that has inspired you to feel and be special. Love is not physical attraction, it is all about inspiring people and getting inspired by our loved ones.

So my lovely friends are you holding back the love that inspired you?
If yes, then let go of your inhibitions and spread the message of love.

If not, let me inspire you to believe in love again!
“It is better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.”
Hold on to the love that you get daily from everyone and get inspired, else you will regret when they are gone. Believe in love and its inspiration, to make your life more lovely and beautiful!

Over to you, our lovely Toastmaster!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your puts/inputs :)